Local Search Engine Optimisation
Local search results pages differ from non local, national, e commerce or informational searches in that they typically display a Local Google Map Pack above the organic search engine results. Whilst most local searches will contain a geo-modifier such as ‘Laser Hair Removal Dublin’ or ‘Home Builders Dublin’ many others may not contain a geo modifier yet it is implicit that the searchers intent is local, i.e. ‘dental implants’ or ‘accountants’.
As a first step in any local seo strategy we would seek to place your website in the Local Map Pack. Typically, map pack rankings can be achieved in a shorter time frame than organic rankings.
At the same time we will work to optimise your website for local keywords and obtain niche relevant backlinks from relevant websites.
- Optimise Google My Business Listings
- Claim your business online by setting up local business profiles, citation building and local directory listings for your business
- Ensure information about your business and your business nap (name address phone number) is consistent throughout the web
- Setup and optimise relevant social media profiles
- Establish your entity and brand online
- Onsite optimisation and content management for local search
- Niche relevant local link building campaign
Local search ranking factors
- Entity Creation, validation and consolidation
- Precise onpage seo optimisation
- Branded traffic and searches
- Relevant backlinks from trusted and related third party sources
- Brand mentions on trusted and related third party
What is the Local Map Pack?
When you search for local businesses or carry out a search with a specified geographic location on Google, it typically displays a map of the area along with local listings for 3 local businesses. This is typically referred to as the Local 3 Pack or Local Map Pack.
As you can imagine, competition for the Map Pack can be fierce especially in more valuable local niches.
Ranking in the Map Pack typically relies on a number of factors including;
- Verified and optimised Google My Business Listing
- Onpage Optimisation and Structured Data Markup
- Local and niche relevant citations (done properly!)
Google My Business Setup
As an important first step in any local SEO strategy you will need to claim and verify your businesses Google My Business (GMB) listing. Setting up your GMB page includes
- Register here – https://www.google.com/business/
- Add you business name, address and phone number and submit
- You may need to wait for up to 2 weeks for your verification postcard to arrive
- Your verification postcard will include an important pin which you will need to add to your GMB profile page – mybusiness.google.com
- Once you have verified your GMB page you will need to set about optimising the listing.
For an indepth guide from leading local seo experts at Expert SEO Dublin on optimising your GMB page, onpage elements and creating citations ‘the right way’ please email us to email@example.com with the subject ‘Google My Business Video’ and we’ll send you our over the shoulder guide.
- Online marketing for small businesses
- Local search engine optimization
- Rank your local business
- Local SEO agencies
- Local Pay Per Click